Friday, September 7, 2007

Day 4 - Lyon France

Today is a travel day. One of the many to come were we spend the entire day on the coach. I didn't want to pack up, I had got use to Paris and could definitely have spent more time here. This is definitely somewhere I would like to come back too.

The countryside goes past, sometimes I look out and sometimes I read, lots of people sleep. It becomes a long day, although I expect we'll all get use to it, if not well, I don't know.

We shop about every three hours for toliets, drinks and food which I imagine could be quite expensive, so we're trying to only have a coffee at none lunch stops. We also stopped at a supermarket, so we brought some wine, very cheap (E0.97) (Don't know how good it will be). Also brought some cheese.

We stopped at a Chateau that Contiki owns, and was taken through the wine process. Its still very manual here, even the picking is done by hand. The grape vines are very low to the ground. And there are paddocks and paddocks of them. It makes the countryside look so beautiful.

The wine was very interesting, not really one would drink, but the bottle is etched, so we brought one. It will be nice to have that with dinner, it might be nicer with a meal.

It was nice to walk along a french country road, and look around. We didn't have very much time here, but the vinter's family have lived here in the same house for close to 400 years, that quite a legacy.

We then moved onto the campsite near Lyon unpacked and set up camp. We're only here for one night, this is really a pain, but that's life.

The cooks cooked dinner (Rowan was a cook) and then basically Row and I went to bed. I was tired after the long trip and we had to get up early this morning. Its time for sleep tomorrow we move onto Barcelona Spain.

R&M

No comments: